Re: [platform-ui-dev] Updating JFace version ID

Jface has a lot of problems in its API and would take the possibility to use the generification as an option to fix all the API problems we have Object-arrays as returns, virtual API is less than good (it was the developed without really understanding swt.virtual) and finally we cloud think how the API would look like in a java8 style with SAM-Types,... .

I really don't think you can generify IStructuredContentProvider#getElements(Object): Object[].

Because of all those reasons i think it would be much wiser to open up a new namespace and add generics there and fix the JFace API in one go.

Tom

Von meinem iPhone gesendet