Re: [platform-ui-dev] Work after M7

Yes, but make sure that the such bugs get a 'Documentation', 'example' or 'test' keyword.

Dani

From:        Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        05.05.2014 08:48
Subject:        Re: [platform-ui-dev] Work after M7
Sent by:        platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

My understanding is that the endgame plan is relevant for release relevant things. If for example we update icons in the org.eclipse.ui.images (not included in the SDK) or remove warning messages in the JFace unit test that can still be done without additional review.

Code changes or icons which are included in the SDK on the other hand need an additional review by a committer in Gerrit as well as in Bugzilla.

Work is still possible but it needs to be "important", approved and reviewed (see endgame plan for details). Replacing a bulk of GIFs with PNGs could be considered "polish" but I would expect that the one who approves and the one who reviews that change, validates every single image (as used in the workbench) on all platforms.

Dani