Re: [platform-ui-dev] [jdt-dev] How to animate showing and hiding of views created using the "org.eclipse.ui.views" extension point

I've spent a fair bit of time trying to do this type of thing....there's an internal class 'AnimationEngine' already available in the IDE as well as an FaderAnimationFeedback. It's used in MinMaxAddon like this:

FaderAnimationFeedback fader = new FaderAnimationFeedback(hostShell);
AnimationEngine engine = new AnimationEngine(win.getContext(), fader, 300);
engine.schedule();

You can see it in action by going to Window->Preferences->General->Appearance and turning on the 'Enable Animations' checkbox.

It works by capturing the image of the current Window, creating a NO_TRIM shell that uses this image as its background and overlays the original window and then ramps the 'alpha' for the new shell down to zero. Unfortunately there are enough glitches in trying to capture the 'image' of the original window on some platforms we decided to turn it off.

My feeling is that this might be able to work if the area being affected isn't too large...(i.e. might work for a view stack...;-),
Eric

Inactive hide details for Mickael Istria ---04/08/2014 03:10:03 AM---On 04/08/2014 08:37 AM, suryakant bhagat wrote: > Hi,Mickael Istria ---04/08/2014 03:10:03 AM---On 04/08/2014 08:37 AM, suryakant bhagat wrote: > Hi,

Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>

suryakant bhagat <suryavesitb@xxxxxxxxxxx>, platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,

04/08/2014 03:10 AM

Re: [platform-ui-dev] [jdt-dev] How to animate showing and hiding of views created using the "org.eclipse.ui.views" extension point

    Sent by:

platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx