Re: [platform-ui-dev] Remove action set from workbench

"Unable to associate action set with part: xxx.xxx. Action set yyy.yyy not found."\

This implies that you still have an actionSet->Part association in the plugin.xml somewhere.  Try and debug org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.ActionSetRegistry.addAssociation(String, String) to find out where it's coming from.

Paul Webster
Eclipse Platform UI Component Lead
IBM Rational Canada

Inactive hide details for Simon Schäfer ---03/21/2014 07:55:46 AM---This is a follow-up to my previous topic: http://dev.eclipsSimon Schäfer ---03/21/2014 07:55:46 AM---This is a follow-up to my previous topic: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-ui-dev/msg05597.html

Simon Schäfer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

03/21/2014 07:55 AM

[platform-ui-dev] Remove action set from workbench

This is a follow-up to my previous topic: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-ui-dev/msg05597.html

I have removed an action set from my plugin.xml. Now, each time Eclipse starts I get the error message

Unable to associate action set with part: xxx.xxx. Action set yyy.yyy not found.

I tried to remove the action set as described in this article
http://random-eclipse-tips.blogspot.de/2009/02/eclipse-rcp-removing-unwanted_02.html but the action set seems already be removed (it is not found anymore), but at least it has an entry in
.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi

I wonder if it is possible to remove this entry (and some actions that were placed in the action set) automatically?