Re: [platform-ui-dev] new jface field editors (IntegerWithBooleanFieldEditor)

On 14-02-20 05:30 AM, Markus Keller wrote:

> What about StringWithBooleanFieldEditor, ColorWithBooleanFieldEditor,
> etc.?
>
> The combination of a BooleanFieldEditor and another FieldEditor should be
> implemented by composition, not by subclassing.
>
> Some help with simple dependency management could be useful, but it would
> need further investigation to tell whether this is best implemented in
> BooleanFieldEditor, in FieldEditorPreferencePage, or in a new class.

This ideas make sense, however I don't have that much time to put into this.  I'll be able to solve my immediate problem
without extended the base functionality.  I only brought it up because it is definitely a useable component and there is
already a good starting point.  The problem is that the starting point is tucked into a plugin and not accessible for
most people that would want to use it.

Thanks,
-Andrew

Back to the top