[platform-ui-dev] new jface field editors

I like jface's IntegerFieldEditor and it works well for my needs.

However now I would like to have a control that combines an integer value with a boolean enablement flag.  It would be
used for a preference where the user is able to enable/disable the functionality, and when it is enabled they are able
to specify a numeric limit.

This class already exists in another plugin (internal to CDT), I'm wondering if people agree that it would make sense to
add it to jface.

This is the particular class I'm talking about:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git/tree/dsf/org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/dsf/debug/internal/ui/preferences/IntegerWithBooleanFieldEditor.java

There are also a few related classes in the same package.

If people think that this makes sense as a generic addition to jface, then I can create a bug and submit a gerrit change
request.

-Andrew

Back to the top