Re: [platform-ui-dev] [e4-dev] Eclipse IDE and Multiple Windows ?

Hi Martin,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Oberhuber, Martin <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This works fine for the most part, but we’ve come across one problem that we could not solve so far: sometimes, an Eclipse View is opened programmatically by a plugin, and thus gets placed into the getActiveWorkbenchWindow(). We’ve seen this happen with the C/C++ Build Console for instance, when a build is started; but we want to avoid having the build console in our tracing and monitoring window, it should always go into the master window.

Do you have any control over the plugins that are opening views?  Or are they existing ones you consume that already use getActiveWorkbenchWindow()?

I'm just thinking if you control  the opening of the views you could use something like org.eclipse.ui.IWorkbench.getWorkbenchWindows() and then identify the WW you want to use (or avoid), maybe checking window.getShell().getText().

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR