Re: [platform-ui-dev] Show error messages directly in editor

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Simon Schäfer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After searching a while the sources I found out that the base functionality is done by org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledText. It seems that this class is only responsible to work with text, adding other data that are not text seems not to be possible. Probably this has to be done by oneself.

Our class that wraps StyledText to provide code editing capabilities is  org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer (which extends org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer)

The base class that turns it into an editor is org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor, but there are a number of subclasses to get to CompilationUnitEditor (the regular java editor).

When I look at the picture in your email, I see a tooltip and the menu that offers a quick fix.  If I hover over a warning or error underline in the source, I see a tooltip that describes the warning or error and 2 suggested quick fixes.  What do you want differently from this?

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster