[platform-ui-dev] Show error messages directly in editor

I found the following screenshot on the Internet, it is taken from Apples Xcode IDE:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/ToolsLanguages/Conceptual/Xcode_Overview/art/FixItError_2x.png

I'm wondering if the text editors of Eclipse or the underlying components of SWT are able to provide the inline error messages one can see on the right side of the screenshot.

I have no insight on how the text editors of Eclipse are written internally, thus my question is whether they already provide a way to add such a feature to them? Or is this more a task like go to the root and hack everything?

Back to the top