Re: [platform-ui-dev] Hudson build trigger for Gerrit reviews for platform.ui?

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think platform.ui currently does not include the tests into the build phase. Is that correct?

Right, our test bundles are all built as part of the regular build phase, but we don't use maven to run them.  Instead they're collected by http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git/tree/eclipse.platform.releng.tychoeclipsebuilder/eclipse-junit-tests to run on our automated test framework later.

As Hendrik with my support is currently pushing several changes to JFace in the GSoC project, I think it would be useful to have a validation if the platform still builds with these changes before they are getting merged.

We currently expect committers/contributors to run the appropriate unit tests before pushing.  But I'm not against automating this.

If you think that would be a good idea, I can open a bug for this and we can see what the effort would be to set this up.

I'm fine with recording this in a bug.  I think it'll require some work, because of the shape of our repo  and its testing requirements.

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster