[platform-ui-dev] Replacing actions with commands

Hi,

Actions are deprecated and will be removed at some point in the future so I've been looking at replacing the actions with commands.

I've run into a couple of problems:

- With my action delegates that implement IViewActionDelegate, the action delegates are able to store the view that is associated with the action when IViewActionDelegate.init() is called and then use the view later.  I started writing a command handler class, that implements IHandler and replaces the view action delegate, and I don't see how it can access its corresponding view.

- Similarly with editor actions, my action delegate implements IEditorActionDelegate and stores the editor instance.  My command handler class doesn't have access to the corresponding editor.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Back to the top