[platform-ui-dev] (no subject)

I noticed a problem in the perspective contributions, particularly perspectiveExtension, hiddenMenuItem, when I tried updating our product to Eclipse 4.2.

I define two perspectives.

I want one menu removed from one of the perspective. That works.

The problem is that the menu is also removed from the other perspective.

Is this a known issue? If so, it is planned to be addressed and when?

I attached a small project demonstration the issues, and here are the steps to reproduce it:

Import the attached plugin project in Eclipse 4.2 SDK.

Start a launch configuration that clears the workspace.

Open “My Edit Perspective” – see the “Run/Resume” menu is not there as expected by the contribution.

Open “My Debug Perspective” – see the “Run/Resume” menu is not there.

That is not what I expected. I only specified the menu to be removed from “My Edit Perspective”, not from “My Debug Perspective”.

Thanks

Dobrin