[platform-ui-dev] Platform UI 3.8M2/4.2M2 test pass...

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow (September 13th) is our all-day 3.8M2/4.2M2 test pass. See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/Testing

Our #1 priority is to of course verify the bugs that we fixed this milestone.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;bug_status=RESOLVED;bug_status=VERIFIED;bug_status=CLOSED;component=IDE;component=UI;resolution=FIXED;target_milestone=3.8%20M2;target_milestone=4.2%20M2;product=Platform;classification=Eclipse

After that's taken care of, we want to do a general testing of the areas described in our testing page.
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/platform-ui-home/testfix/componentAreaTesting.html?view=co

As you may already know, the Foundation has revoked shell access from everyone due to security concerns. We've pieced some access rights back together but we haven't had a good build yet. Keep an eye on platform-releng-dev and check for when a good build appears. We have also scheduled an Eclipse 4.2 build to consume a 3.8 build which should start around 2200, or it might be delayed to tomorrow around 0200.

I will send another email out tomorrow as necessary if the Gods of Olympus choose to frown upon our build machines.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,
Remy

Remy Suen