Re: [platform-ui-dev] Re: Platform UI build submission for I20100509-0800

Prakash, one thing that may affect these tests is whether you have extra bundles in the workspace that you're testing from. It generally can manage to work correctly with our own examples but if you have other projects that may, for example, contribute new views...then YMMV.

Onwards,
Eric

From: "Prakash G.R." <grprakash@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/08/2010 01:25 PM
Subject: [platform-ui-dev] Re: Platform UI build submission for        I20100509-0800
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I get 4 failures in the DragTestSuite, complaining differences between expected and actual as:

layout (((*Navigator)|layout ((Mock Editor 1, *Mock Editor 2)|active (*Mock Editor 2)))-(*Outline, Problems, Properties))
layout (((*Navigator)|layout ((Mock Editor 1, *Mock Editor 2)-active (*Mock Editor 2)))-(*Outline, Problems, Properties))

(single char difference between Mock Editor 2 and active)

Not sure whether this just happens in Mac or something else wrong in my configuration (there has been previous instances like this - test failures in my machine and all well in build machines). I didn't see any direct references in the bugs submitted with these failures. Also since I've already missed two I builds consecutively, I didn't want to miss this I build. I've went ahead with the submission.

 - Prakash

"When the game ends, the king and pawn goes into the same box”
- Italian proverb