[platform-ui-dev] Eclipse view plugin: swing problem

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any help that could be provided.

First of all, I am unaware if this mailgroup is even the good place to post this, if not, could someone please recomment me to a good site/forum where i could get help.

I am new to the Eclipse plugin world. I have a very short amount of time to complete my project and do not have time to learn the SWT library. I am very familiar with the Swing library and i have found a way to wrap Swing into the view by doing the following.

public void createPartControl(Composite parent) {
        try{
            UIManager.setLookAndFeel("com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel");
        }catch (Exception e){
            //TODO: manage exception
        }

        Composite swtAwtComponent = new Composite(parent, SWT.EMBEDDED);
        java.awt.Frame frame = SWT_AWT.new_Frame( swtAwtComponent );
        Ftie_ui ui = new Ftie_ui();
        frame.add(ui);
}

The Ftie_ui class extends JPanel. Normally, with access to a JPanel, I figured it would be easy to develop my project with Swing. I added 2 JLabels, 1 JTextField, 1 JPasswordField and 1 JButton. When i ran Eclipse with my plugin, Everything got loaded in my JPanel, but i could not access the JTextField and the JPasswordField. I have tryed setEnabled(true) and setEditable(true) on the fields, but with no success, I could not manage to put a cursor is the fields. The Ftie_ui class looks like the following (I know, theres no layout yet).

For any help someone could bring, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you
Ben

package ftie.views;

import javax.swing.*;