[platform-ui-dev] Changing the About dialog

One of the plan items for P2 this release is to streamline the user interface as it pertains to navigating/understanding your configuration. Given that there is overlap with this goal and the About dialog, perhaps it's time we make the About dialog flexible enough to accommodate update/p2 directly. Susan (of p2 fame) has been working away at some mockups of how the About dialog could be a better participant in the p2 world. These mockups are located at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_UI_3.5_workflows#About . We welcome input in this process - we recognize that the About dialog has been constant for many iterations of Eclipse now and that certain users may have specific use cases/expectations on how it should work. Please take a look at this page and leave feedback if you have any. Thanks!

Back to the top