[platform-ui-dev] documentation for common navigator

Hey all,

I'm in the process of writing some documentation for the Plugin Developers Guide (I'm about 1/4 done as I write this) for the CNF that I want to try to get into RC4, which I know the deadline is Thursday (today). I will make a patch for it and stick it in a bug report and CC you both on it, and if you (Boris and Michael - and anyone else who wants to) could have a quick look at it, I would appreciate it. I should have a fairly complete draft before noon Eastern time. I'm sorry for the late notice on this, but you know how it goes.

One thing I'm planning to include is the steps I put on this wiki page about using the CNF with an RCP app. This does refer to a non-API internal class, which is really essential for people to use, and I put the appropriate disclaimer in the documentation. Hopefully this is OK.

Here is the wiki page text (this text does not have the disclaimer):

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Common_Navigator_Framework

I'm also going through Michael's tutorials very carefully to make sure I have not missed anything.

My idea for the documentation is just a few pages which define the concepts very clearly and concisely and points to the classes and extension points required to implement them. I think this is the main thing missing in the CNF right now and it really hinders implementation. The tutorials are very good, but it's hard to get the general principles from them quickly.

Also, I will need someone to commit this for me when I'm done since I don't think I have rights to commit docs.

Thanks,

Francis

--
You have brains in your head.