[platform-ui-dev] Re: [platform-releng-dev] Contributing to the rebuild

platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/16/2008 09:54:12 AM:

> Sorry for being nasty. Do you really want to release bug 231611 so late in
> RC1?

yes, we did it deliberately (but not with malice aforethought :-)

> First, I think the fix is controversial, read the comments.

I did.  As you can see (if *you* read the comments) that the Platform UI position was clear.  It was a small change that could provide a gain for the community in 3.4.  We never waivered from this position.  Other concerns that were brought up were valid, of course, but the potential improvement was worth it.  Disagreeing with you does not make us wrong ... it means that the team responsible for this has made a decision.

I would suggest you refrain from using comments like "read the comments" unless you are *absolutely* sure we never did ... it diminishes your position.  I mean honestly, how can we take you seriously.

However, it appears we must remove this for other reasons.

> Secondly, adding a new context menu ID to which other plug-ins will depend
> on is similar to an API addition. Maybe a PMC request would be appropriate.

It's in (the lovely) grey area.

PW

Back to the top