Re: [platform-ui-dev] Failure in org.eclipse.ui.workbench

Can you please check out org.eclipse.ui from CVS as well? This should fix the problem.

Boris.

On Nov 26, 2007 12:00 PM, Jan-Hendrik Diederich < Jan-Hendrik.Diederich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I had today a lot of trouble with broken up workbenchs (damaged
workbench configurations). And had to create new ones.

But I think the folowing is a permanent bug. It is about
"org.eclipse.ui.services" extension points, I think they should have
been removed, according to this posting:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dsdp-ercp-dev/msg00171.html !

But they are still in the code, and now they cause always null-pointer
exceptions (at least in RCP applications).

WorkbenchServiceRegistry#loadFromRegistry {
  IExtensionPoint ep = reg.getExtensionPoint(EXT_ID_SERVICES);
  IConfigurationElement[] serviceFactories = ep
                               .getConfigurationElements();
"ep" is always used without a check, and it's always "null".
That's fun!

If this is really the latest CVS server code: _please_ remove it!

Regards,
Jan

--
BREDEX GmbH
Mauernstr. 33

Tel.: +49-531-24330-0
Fax:  +49-531-24330-99
http: www.bredex.de

Geschäftsführer: Hans-J. Brede, Achim Lörke, Ulrich Obst
Amtsgericht Braunschweig HRB 2450