[platform-ui-dev] Reminder - EclipseCon submission deadline approaching

Just a reminder that we are getting close to the deadline for EclipseCon
2008 submissions. Please note that the submission deadline is the same
for tutorials, short talks, and long talks!

As the program committee member responsible for RCP-related content,
I am looking for:

* Tutorials.  At EclipseCon 2008, tutorials will be *free* so I am
  expecting quite a lot of participation in general RCP tutorials. Don't
  be shy to submit your tutorial proposal even if it overlaps with an
  existing submission.
* Short talks. I would like to organize a full hour of back-to-back
  short talks with "show and tells" about experience with RCP from
  different perspectives. I am also looking for short talks on new
  technologies in and around RCP. Of course, other short talk
  submissions are welcome, too.
* Long talks. My current thinking is to have an experience talk from an
  enterprise perspective, one SWT talk, and one talk about customizing
  the look and feel of RCP apps. It looks like I have at least one more
  long talk slot available, so please make suggestions. Long talks
  should be of general interest, based on real experience (as in: code
  that runs), and of sufficient breadth and depth.

Feel free to contact me directly at Boris_Bokowski, ca.ibm.com if you
would like to discuss your ideas before entering a submission.

The submission page can be found at:
http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/index.php?page=submissions/

Querying existing submissions:
https://eclipsecon.greenmeetingsystems.com/submissions/search

One interesting fact, quoted from the submission pages: 'EclipseCon
effectively "pays" speakers $1,000/hour through [registration
discounts]. Consequently, we (the organizers and the audience) have high
expectations for the content.' Note that this applies to short talk
presenters as well - they receive a 20% discount for each short talk
they present.

--
Boris Bokowski
Eclipse Platform UI committer