Re: [platform-ui-dev] Problem in using ArmListener for menuitem's tooltip

Please ask this question on newsgroup. This mailing list is only for discussion between developers.

Tom

Manisha Sur schrieb:
Hi,

I have a context menu extension (org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus) declared in the plugin.xml with objectContribution for : org.eclipse.ui.IEditorPart so that it appears in all editors.
I need to create a tooltip (org....swt.widgets.ToolTip) for the menuitems in the context menu. I want to add a ArmListener to the menuitems so that whenever i hover on the menuitems i can see the tooltip.

Currently I have placed the code in the run method of the ObjectActionDelegate class of the actions (menu items) where i can :
1)access the menuitems of the context menu 2)add ArmListeners 3)add tooltip
But the main problem is that this all happens when i click on the action ( i.e. run method of the ObjectActionDelegate is called).
I want the functionality whenever i hover on the menu items.

Please tell me where can i hook the code so that without any click on the menu item , i should see the tooltip whenever i hover on the menu items.

I hope I have explained my problem clearly.
Please help me out of this.

Thanks,
Manisha