[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[platform-ui-dev] JFace Data Binding meeting notes for November 30, 2006
- From: Brad Reynolds <bradleyjames@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 21:21:32 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:content-type:to:from:subject:date:x-mailer; b=V89yaQV/RvNq1Mpo5whRwJ52y3eZo1hDBIgOf8KQpghon54K07qiQFEi+j8Aarxc4nVenChYZaZY3fdJclCObbI4mvSWSJ7cLYxHGOxSM3yrUiR/7uNpk5aaWQrMWC7B3bBpYiTUq9OZdJubYPdyUWGhTwSFydOku2PAJbadB6A=
Below are the meeting notes from the recent JFace Data Binding meeting.
Nov. 30th, 2006 @7:00pm MST
API Changes (trying to make changes by M4):
1. make validators return IStatus (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/
2. API sanity pass / documentation
3. Event Objects (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?
id=147530 ): use interfaces for typed listeners and wrap in adapter
class when listener is added
4. event ordering problem (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/
* list of customers
* text field: selected customer's zip code
* combo items: selected customer's possible cities
(depends on zip code)
* combo selection: selected customer's city (depends on
* selected customer's state (depends on zip code)
* Dave commits to writing this as a scenario test
* Possibly for M4, we just need to understand the problem
hopefully before the community conference call
5. Thread safety (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?
id=164653 ): only effects implementations of IObservable. Rename
current method to doSetValue(...) and make setValue(...) final.
Investigate solutions for ObservableSet, ObservableList, etc. with a
possibility of providing a method like Widget.checkWidget() to
IObservable implementations via abstract implementations.
1. observable tree (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?
id=161435): Work in progress. Boris spoke with the debug team and
attempted to take some of their ideas and bring them into data
binding. Not critical to get done before M4.
2. virtual support - Dave would like to see support so that he
can create bindings for CompositeTable. Currently "get it done"
solutions are employed for DayEditor. Need to look at debug
implementations but this is going to require more thought.
3. builders for viewers, cell editing, etc. (https://
bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=147128 ): Need to investigate
using the 3.3 APIs but have a way to run on 3.2.
1. Maturity of the new API -- When Dave's client should consider
migrating. Can't happen until M4 or M5 at the earliest.
2. Community conference call - postpone until after M4 to get
more code written
3. EclipseCon talk - (http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/index.php?
4. API documentation - same as API sanity pass
5. Talk with Jesse Wilson from Glazed Lists - will occur around
the same time as the community conference call