[platform-ui-dev] Opening a dialog from a UI-triggered action

Hi folks,

I have an action which is triggered from a context menu, consequently it is running on the main thread.

During the work of the action I need additional user input so I thought to open a "Dialog". I created a new org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell(SWT.APPLICATION_MODAL), filled it with all the required controls and made a call to open() to show it.

Now what I would need is a blocking call to open which returns only when the user has made his interaction (e.g. selecting an entry in a list)
But I can't figure out how to get a blocking call. Stopping the thread will obviously not work because it is the main thread so the UI would be entirely stopped.

Any hints how I can go about this?

Thanks,

Norbert Ploett

Back to the top