Re: [platform-ui-dev] RE: [Fwd: Fw: UI Guidelines v2.1 Feedback]

Phill,

Thanks for your specific feedback on the Eclipse UI guidelines. Kimberley Peter and myself have started adding Eclipse v3.x updates to the UI guidelines. There's a wiki with the current guidelines and the new updates. Here's the URL:
        http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/User_Interface_Guidelines

The idea is that the community can provide feedback directly via the wiki. At some point, we will consolidate and refresh the changes at the official publication site.

Cheers,

Jin Li
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel: 905-413-2857
Fax: 905-413-4974
Internet: jinli@xxxxxxxxxx

"Wayne Beaton" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/31/2006 10:20 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<Phill_Perryman@xxxxxxxxx>
cc
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx, platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[platform-ui-dev] RE: [Fwd: Fw: UI Guidelines v2.1 Feedback]

How do you mean "not going to be allowed to use it"? Certainly, there is no
restriction from our end to stop you from using that mailing list, except
that you have to first subscribe to the list in order to use it. Perhaps it
might be handy to include instructions on how to subscribe to the list...

Individual authors decide how they choose to solicit feedback. In the case
of the platform UI team, they like to get feedback in an open forum so that
the issues can be discussed transparently by the entire community.

Another way that you can provide feedback is to create a Bugzilla entry.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Community&component=Arti
cles

The final way is to just send me a note with your issues/concerns and I will
forward it onto the community through Bugzilla. However, registering for and
using one of the two other mechanisms will make it much easier for you to
remain involved in the conversation.

Thanks for your interest in Eclipse Corner, and I look forward to reading
your feedback.

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton