[platform-ui-dev] Re: Your talk on the new Navigator API

Hi Peter,

        In the 3.2M5 build, the ID is "org.eclipse.ui.navigator.resourceContent" (same id as the resource extension). It was changed in an i-build a couple of weeks back. Also, the DND API is not fully formed in the M5a build, so if you're experimenting with that you should pick up a later i-build.

Kind Regards,

Michael D. Elder
Rational Studio / Services Tools Development
IBM RTP Lab
Ext: (919) 543-8356
T/L:  441-8356
mdelder@xxxxxxxxxx

Peter Friese <freter@xxxxxxxxxx>

03/24/2006 04:04 AM

Michael Elder/Cambridge/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Subject
Your talk on the new Navigator API

Hi Michael,

I found your slides concerning the above talk on the web - nice read!

I tried it out and it worked quite well. However, I didn't manage to
contribute to the platfporm project explorer
(org.eclipse.ui.navigator.ProjectExplorer). It came to my mind that
maybe this ID is only available in later integration builds. I am using
Eclipse 3.2 M5a - and apparently it doesn't contain this ID (I performed
a full filesystem scan).

Could you give me a hint?

TIA,
Peter