Re: [platform-ui-dev] [CN] Updates for the Common Navigator in Platform 3.2

I would call it "navigatorViewer" (with some properties) instead of
"viewerProperties".  For duplicates, we generally let the first one
encountered "win", and log errors about the others (we actively check).
Kim, please correct me if this is wrong, or if there have been recent
changes in this strategy to support dynamic plug-ins (i.e. the algorithm
above is lossy in the presence of removals).

Nick

Michael Elder <mdelder@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/28/2005 10:04 PM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform UI component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform UI component developers list."
<platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [platform-ui-dev] [CN] Updates for the Common Navigator     in
Platform        3.2

Michael Valenta made a similar suggestion. I hadn't formalized it as a
"viewerProperties" extension, but I think this could make sense.

How should we handle the case where multiple viewerProperties extensions
are defined ? Error?

Kind Regards,

Michael D. Elder
Rational Studio / Services Tools Development
IBM RTP Lab
Ext: (919) 543-8356
T/L:  441-8356
mdelder@xxxxxxxxxx