[platform-ui-dev] Working sets on a workbench window

Next weeks integration build will introduce the following new API on IWorkbenchPage:

IWorkingSet[] getWorkingSets();
void setWorkingSets(IWorkingSet[])

The intention of these methods is to allow you to specify what working sets should be visible across all components within a given workbench window. Currently this API is not being used by any downstream component but we're making it public (and visible) now to gauge interest.

By visible I am referring to a new action that's been added to the Resource Navigation action set.

You will see in your toolbar and in your Window menu a pulldown action called Working Sets. The children of this action represent all working sets registered with the system IWorkingSetManager and are either checked or unchecked. If they're checked, they're contained in the array returned by IWorkbenchPage.getWorkingSets().

The notable problems with the implementation as it currently sits are as follows: The "Edit..." action currently opens the "Select Working Set" dialog despite there being no selection required. We will replace this with a more particular editing dialog at some later point. The dropdown won't scale when the user has a large number of working sets.
    The action needs a toolbar icon.
The action probably doesn't belong in the Resource Navigation action set.
Please don't log these bugs.  We've already done so :)

Back to the top