[platform-ui-dev] Expensive to create SWT clipboard?

Is creating an SWT Clipboard expensive?  In our code we are just instantiating the clipboard as needed, doing something, and then disposing it.  So, I went to see if the platform puts the dispose() in a finally {} block, but I found out that almost everywhere clipboards are kept around with each part until the part is disposed.  Is there a reason?

For example, BookMarkNavigator keeps its clipboard around in a field.

-Randy

Back to the top