RE: [platform-ui-dev] Commit comments

For an internal bug tracking system, we have a link from the bug entry that brings up a list of all the files committed as part of fixing that bug. I find it very handy for these kinds of questions. The list shows a sortable table with an entry for each file touched including the path, filename, date/time, branch and revision, user name, and commit comments. The filename and branch/revision are links to the CVS web.

Maybe something similar could be done at Eclipse? If everybody put "bug nnn" in the comment, it could key off that. Hmm... a quick Google search tells me that this has been done before. Generally they work by putting comments in the bugzilla entry when you push a file. That might be better than what we did because it would keep everything in one place and also notify the cc'd people. See:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/bugzilla/integration.html
http://www.einval.com/~steve/software/cvs-bugzilla/
http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2003/06/05/scripts.html
http://www.cvszilla.org/