Re: [platform-ui-dev] Browser support proposal

Fantastic!

The only comment I have is that going forward we may well want to have locked down browsers etc.  I wonder if the set of control parameters should somehow be more open.  For example, users may not be able to configure the browser to use.  It may be mandated by the configuration/install.  In that case, an application may have browser-specific information to pass to configure the browser.  Users could cast the IWebBrowser down but that may well get into non-API.

Related to this, would my code be able to pick from the installed browsers which one to open?  I may have content that requires a particular browser.

Jeff

Michael Van Meekeren/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/16/2005 03:33 PM

Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-ui-dev] Browser support proposal

The UI team is looking for feedback on a browser support proposal for the workbench.  Please take a look at it on the UI proposals page:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-ui-home/R3_1/browser-proposal/index.htm

Note, this is the associated bug, comments should go there.

   69647 [Workbench] Need showURL API

/michael

Back to the top