[platform-ui-dev] JFace with SWT.Virtual Support

Hi All
I had referred to the various new posts in many forums that Jface now supports SWT.Virtual as of 3.1. I could not find the relevant features in the jface.jar of eclipse-SDK-3.1M2-win32 for TableViewer.

I had then checked out the JFace plugin from CVS. Its code had the virtual manager and related code for
support for SWT.Virtual.

But when this is used along with Sorter classes extending the ViewerSorter, i get a NullPointerException, or an AssertException.

After i posted this mail in pde-ui-dev, and was redirected to this forum, i realized that 3.1M3 is out. But still support for sorters is still a concern.

"Bugzilla Bug 72358 [Viewers] Support SWT.VIRTUAL style" had a mail thread in this regard
But i could not find any concluding remarks in that also.

Can somebody please clarify as whether the support is not yet completed for all the facilities of the TableViewer like Sorter and Filters of JFace. And i wud very happy if some workaround cud be suggested for the same.

FYI : My previous mail to this forum awaits approval as then i was not subscribed. So in case there are 2 posts with same content, ignore one.

Thanks in Advance.
Ramakrishnan
HCL

Back to the top