[platform-ui-dev] Development environment setup?

Hi All,

Hope all is going well.

Ok, I've got a silly question, but I can't seem to find the right info.

I'd like to do some more development on Eclipse ui.ide itself, however I'm not sure how I can get my development environment set up properly to get moving.

When I did some R3.0 work, in a fresh workspace I imported the 3.0 code as external plugins/fragments, deleted the ui.ide project, and then checked it out again from dev.eclipse.org using the R3.0 tag.

This all worked fine, I could modify the code, generate diffs, etc, run the plugin in a runtime workbench, etc.

However, currently this approach doesn't seem to work anymore - or at least I can get it to work because there doesn't seem to be any 3.1M-x tags? and I'm not sure what to run what with what.

Currently, I've got 3.1M3 on my system, have imported all external plugins/fragments, deleted the ui.ide project, and checked it out from HEAD but it doesn't seem to build with 3.1M3, due to repliance on changes from another plugin (core.resources)

I guess I'm just wondering how everyone on the list has their dev environment set up, and how they work with the different plugins/code?

Cheers,

Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft Corporation
     $       o_)$$$:   Frankfurt am Main, Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

Back to the top