[platform-ui-dev] Welcome Page View capabilities

Wendy,

I am forwarding you a note from Dejan on this topic.

/michael

The images are in org.eclipse.platform plug-in in the 'css/graphics' folder. However, there are several images to replace (not just the background). It may be possible to massage the images using Adobe Photoshop or similar tool by changing the hue but this is nontrivial work. In general, the idea is that products that want to show off their distinct branding in the intro register a completely new one i.e. the default intro provided by Eclipse cannot be modified incrementally.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Development 1A
D1/R0Q/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4850

----- Forwarded by Michael Van Meekeren/Ottawa/IBM on 09/07/2004 01:14 PM -----
Wendy Fischer <erpdesigner@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/01/2004 07:43 PM

Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
RE: [platform-ui-dev] RE: Welcome Page View capabilities

Another question.

Where do I find the various backgrounds for the different states of the welcome page.  They are nice, but a little too purply.  I would like to change them so they are more tune with the branding of my product.

I've tried searching on gif and bmp and can't find anything remotely what I am looking for

Wendy Fischer
Senior User Interface Engineer
Actuate, Inc.

"Recoskie, Chris" <crecoskie@xxxxxx>
wrote:

Also see org.eclipse.ui.intro and org.eclipse.ui.intro.config extension points.

Chris Recoskie
Software Designer
IDE Frameworks Group
Texas Instruments, Toronto