Re: [platform-ui-dev] question about [org.eclipse.ui_2.0.2] [org.eclipse.ui.wizards.dat atransfer.ZipFileExportOperation]

Jerome

This mailing list is meant for new about  Eclipse development. You can
either ask on the newsgroups or enter a feature request into Bugzilla.

In this case as you are requesting a promotion to API of an operation an
enhancement request in Bugzilla is the way to go. Many of our API classes
were internal classes promoted to API based on requests from the
community.

Tod

Jerôme Villedieu <jvilledieu@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
07/07/2004 10:18 AM
Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

"'platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[platform-ui-dev] question about [org.eclipse.ui_2.0.2]
[org.eclipse.ui.wizards.dat atransfer.ZipFileExportOperation]

Can someone tell me why the class ZipFileExportOperation has a package
access?

I would like to use it in a plug-in I am coding and to do so and had to:
first I created a class (ExportDialog) in a local
org.eclipse.ui.wizards.datatransfer package to view
ZipFileExportOperation.
That was not enought since I had the following error:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
org.eclipse.ui.wizards.datatransfer.ExportDialog: trying to access class
org/eclipse/ui/wizards/datatransfer/ZipFileExportOperation
                 at
org.eclipse.ui.wizards.datatransfer.ExportDialog.okPressed(ExportDialog.java
:291)
                 at
org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.buttonPressed(Dialog.java:239)
                 at
org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$1.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:407)
                 at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:87)
                 at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java(Compiled
Code))
                 at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:827)
                 at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:1529)
                 at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1291)
                 at
org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:562)
                 at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:542)
                 at
com.sqli.amt.plugin.popup.actions.ZipExportActionDelegate.run(ZipExportActio
nDelegate.java:55)
                 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:210)
                 at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(Action
ContributionItem.java:407)
                 at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionCont
ributionItem.java:361)
                 at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionI
tem.java:352)
                 at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(A
ctionContributionItem.java:47)
                 at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java(Compiled
Code))
                 at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:827)
                 at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:1529)
                 at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1291)
                 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1343)
                 at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1326)
                 at
org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.jav
a:831)
                 at
org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:432)
                 at
EclipseRuntimeLauncher.main(EclipseRuntimeLauncher.java:24)

So I copied (duplication) in my local package the following class:
DataTransferMessages
ZipFileExporter
ZipFileExportOperation

to make it work.

Am I using an old version of the org.eclipse.ui plugin?

Thanks

Jérôme Villedieu
Ingénieur Conception Développement