Re: Fw: [platform-ui-dev] RC2 test plan

For dynamic plugins, you can try installing the SDK examples using the update manager and choose to "Apply Now", without restarting. You should be able to launch the SWT samples, etc. in the same eclipse session.
Use the http://update.eclipse.org/testUpdates as the update site.

-Dorian

Michael Van Meekeren/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/2004 02:34 PM

Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

Debbie Wilson/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: Fw: [platform-ui-dev] RC2 test plan

added to tests

/michael

Debbie Wilson/Ottawa/IBM

06/14/2004 02:07 PM

Michael Van Meekeren/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Subject
Fw: [platform-ui-dev] RC2 test plan

There's nothing on dynamic UI.

- try to add a plugin, make sure it is there

- add a plugin with any of the following (can use combinations too):

       perspective

       view

       editor

       new wizard

       perspective extension

       action set

       action set part association

       working set

       popup menu

       preference

       property page

       font definitions

       decorator

       theme

and verify the existence of the new piece in new Eclipse.

To test adding  a new plugin:

- run a self hosted Eclipse (Runtime Workbench) with the program argument "-console".  The 'console' view of your original Eclipse should display a prompt "osgi>"

- use the following commands at the osgi> prompt:

       ss - gives a summary of all plugins present ('resolved' plugins are available in the self hosted Eclipse)

       reference:file:/
<full path of plugin> - adds a plugin and gives you a bundle number (remember this number)
(Example:
reference:file:/d:/EclipseEnvs/3.0/I20040529/eclipse/workspace/org.eclipse.ui.tests/data/org.eclipse.newPerspective1)
       refresh <bundle number> - 'resolves' the plugin related to the bundle number (remembered from 'reference' command earlier)

Note that for a plugin to be available in Eclipse you must do both the reference and refresh commands.  Use ss frequently to find out what state your plugin is in.

----- Forwarded by Debbie Wilson/Ottawa/IBM on 06/14/2004 01:55 PM -----
Michael Van Meekeren/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/2004 12:03 PM

Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-ui-dev] RC2 test plan

FYI, this has been updated again.  Please refresh.

Michael Van Meekeren/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/2004 10:32 AM

Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-ui-dev] RC2 test plan

the RC2 Test plan has been posted here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-ui-home/testfix/index.html

with a link to the full test plan here, your name will appear beside areas you are responsible to test:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-ui-home/testfix/componentAreaTesting.html

I am going through this a second time to ensure we have coverage of new items but did not want to delay.

/michael

Back to the top