Re: [platform-ui-dev] Why doesn't ProblemMarker implement IMarker?

The marker objects used in the UI are a cache of the data stored within the actual IMarker objects. You could enter an enhancement request to have ConcreteMarker implement IAdaptable and adapt to IMarker, and then you would still be able to register object contributions against them.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_feature.cgi
--

platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 06/02/2004 02:09:05 PM:

> I have a plugin which assigns a popup action to problem IMarkers. This
> worked fine in Eclipse 2.1.x but in Eclipse 3.0, as you know, the problems
> view has been separated from the tasks view. In doing so a ProblemMarker
> class was created which extends the ConcreteMarker class. Neither of these
> classes implement IMarker. A couple questions.
>
> 1. Why don't either of these classes implement IMarker? Was this a design
> decision or is this an accidental omission?
>
> 2. If these classes can't implement IMarker (for whatever reason) can a
> public interface be created so I don't have to register my popup action
> against an internal class?

Back to the top