From: Michael Van Meekeren [mailto:Michael_Van_Meekeren@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 2:58 PM
To: platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [platform-ui-dev] New Look Reloaded - questions

We started on some of this today.  A lot of things are to be determined.  Feel free to give ideas.

- not sure where we will put the presentation work yet, we hope to get something simple ready for next Wednesday that would be a good starting point to build on
- we hope to add an extension point for presentations so this can be added from xml instead of hardcoded references to presentation classes and factories, then the selection of this presentation can be done via some secondary method such as a hidden preference or ... other
- CTabFolder is complex enough already, and should remain as is and another version of it (CTabfolder2 and ViewForm2 ?? or some such) should be created.  You could play around with the version of CTabFolder in 2.1 as a starting place.
- will update as soon as I have more information

/michael

Back to the top