Re: [platform-ui-dev] Global menu enablement

Previously, these actions were invisible when autobuild was turned on.  The rationale for the change is that this was inconsistent with other menu items, that only become disabled when they are not applicable. This was also initially prototyped as a separate plug-in, from which it is not possible to make action set contributions invisible based on such dynamic criteria (as far as I know). Having said that, you're not the first person to be confused by it, and I am thinking of reverting back to the old behavior of removing the actions from the menu when autobuild is on.  See
bug 57214 for more details

platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/13/2004 03:09:19 PM:

> I've noticed that Project->Build Project action is disabled whenever
> build automatically is enabled.  Is this correct?  If the menuitem
> will never be enabled, shouldn't they be removed from the menu?

Back to the top