[platform-ui-dev] Global menu enablement

Hello,

        I'm having an issue that seems appropriate for the platform-ui-dev list, if I am seeking assistance from the wrong venue, please redirect me. Here's my problem.

I want to enable certain existing menu options on the Edit and Project menus. We have developed a custom Navigator (part of the Common/General-Purpose Navigator effort). I'd like to enable certain actions (like "Build Project", "Clean Project", "Cut|Copy|Paste|Delete") based on a user's selection in our Common Navigator. In the latter cases I also would like to substitute what actually happens to support these operations for custom contributions to our navigator. Any suggestions?

That is, when a user selects a node in our Navigator (for instance, a custom EMF representation of a ejb-jar.xml file), I'd like to enable Cut|Copy|Paste|Delete in the Workbench Edit menu, and tie in the appropriate actions.

When a user selects a project, (contributed by a custom Content Provider), I'd like to update the selection and enablement of "Build Project" and other appropriate options under the Workbench Project menu.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Kind Regards,

Michael D. Elder
Rational Studio / J2EE Tools Development
IBM RTP Lab
Ext: (919) 543-8356
T/L:  441-8356
mdelder@xxxxxxxxxx