Re: [platform-ui-dev] NPE with HEAD code

has been fixed in HEAD - we accessed IWorkbenchPart::getSite before the part was fully initialized (btw: the behaviour is only spec'ed in the type comment to IWorkbenchPart, getSite doesn't say it can return null).

-tom

John Arthorne wrote:

I get a NPE opening editors with all of the UI module loaded from HEAD (text file, new workspace). Is there something outside the UI module that I need to get this working? Known bug?

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException[1]: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:73)
at java.lang.NullPointerException.<init>(NullPointerException.java:60) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.findContributedAction(AbstractTextEditor.java:3592) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.getAction(AbstractTextEditor.java:3567) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.updateInsertModeAction(AbstractTextEditor.java:4658) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.handleInsertModeChanged(AbstractTextEditor.java:4652) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.setInsertMode(AbstractTextEditor.java:4487) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.switchToNextInsertMode(AbstractTextEditor.java:4518) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.configureInsertMode(AbstractTextEditor.java:4543) at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextEditor.initializeEditor(TextEditor.java:94) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.ExtendedTextEditor.<init>(ExtendedTextEditor.java:180) at org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextEditor.<init>(TextEditor.java:73)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java)

Back to the top