Re: [platform-ui-dev] how to get a file by its full path?

The eclipse.platform newsgroup is the appropriate place to ask questions like this.  This particular question has been asked many times, so you should be able to find an answer by searching in the newsgroups first:

http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/index.html
http://www.eclipse.org/search/search.cgi
--

platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 01/07/2004 07:52:59 AM:

> hi,all
>
> When click on a file in package explorer or resource navigator, the UI can
> get the file object by the method --selectionChanged(IAction action,
> ISelection selection).
>
> But how to get a file by its full path? If I have a string "/root/foo.c",
> how can I create a object(or an IFile) to point to this file -- foo.c?
>
> Thank you!

Back to the top