[platform-ui-dev] Re: Activities and Contexts

Thanks for the input, questions, and resources.

In order to put everyone on the same page as to what we plan to do (and
what we don't plan to do), I'm going to step back and write a couple of
short documents to describe what we have (and why) to post on the UI
development resource page. I will post a message here with links to the
documents when they are ready.

I can say this now though: we are trying to ease into this. We have some
real domain-specific use cases (debug, for instance) where we might want
to show or hide functionality automatically. We'd like to provide as much
general support as we can to the domains to enable this, while at the same
time avoid locking ourselves into some intractable netherworld of context
theory. (just send me your theses when they're done)

At the risk of dashing anyone's hopes (or at the benefit of tempering
anyone's fears), I can say that we are not looking to create tools to
watch what the user is doing, make them coffee if they start to type too
slowly, or remind them to take a nap when they start making more errors
than usual. (Though wouldn't that be nice?)

Chris

Back to the top