[platform-ui-dev] Updated plugin.xmls

Further to Jeff's message below, I've updated the Platform UI plugins to
include org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.
I've also removed refs to org.eclipse.core.boot.

The only direct references we had to org.eclipse.core.boot were to
IPlatformRunnable, IPlatformConfiguration or BootLoader (to get the
IPlatformConfiguration).
These have moved to org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.

Nick

----- Forwarded by Nick Edgar/Ottawa/IBM on 11/28/2003 11:14 AM -----

Jeff McAffer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/27/2003 05:42 PM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[eclipse-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: update plugin.xmls

In the new runtime the org.eclipse.core.runtime plugin is no longer
provided for free.  Accordingly you need to change the plugin.xml (and
fragment.xml) as described below.  Without these changes, PDE will not be
able to figure out the correct classpaths.

1) look at the top of your plugin.xml for
         <?eclipse version="3.0">
2) if you see it, add the following import in your <requires> element
        <import plugin="org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility"/>
    else
        do nothing

SWT folks:  No action is required by you.

These changes should be put in place by next week's integration build.
Please let me know directly if you have questions or will have difficulty
doing these changes.

Jeff

Back to the top