[platform-ui-dev] Platform UI projects changed to use dynamic classpaths

Further to Dejan's note below, and to ease the transition to the Equinox
project structure, I have updated all our projects (including examples and
tests) to be PDE projects and to use dynamic classpaths.

One side effect is that org.eclipse.ui.tests now shows some errors on
validating the plugin.xml (assuming you're running with the team's prefs
and have the PDE compiler set to report errors).
This has been logged in bug 47567.

Nick

----- Forwarded by Nick Edgar/Ottawa/IBM on 11/26/2003 03:46 PM -----

Dejan Glozic/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/31/2003 05:35 PM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[eclipse-dev] PDE dynamic classpaths FAQ

PDE team is seeking volunteers to switch to dynamic classpaths feature
that
we would like to see as 'the' selfhosting mode for Eclipse 3.0. Frequently
Asked Questions about dynamic classpaths can be found in this document:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/pde-ui-home/selfhosting/dynamic-classpaths.html

Please open a defect against PDE regarding any problem you find. And yes,
we eat our own food - PDE team is using dynamic classpaths already :-).

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM