[platform-ui-dev] RE: Preview of Eclipse Instrumentation Framework posted

Regarding the Eclipse Instrumentation Framework...

I would *strongly* recommend some wording in the documentation urging any developers that use this framework to make it very clear to the user what is being sent. Many folks dislike programs like this, as they can be considered "spyware".

I don't think there's any way that you can force developers to notify the user, but the docs should have some strong wording about being up front with its usage.

I'd hate to see Eclipse start showing up on spyware lists on the net...

Later,
-- Scott

Back to the top