[platform-ui-dev] Proposal: hierarchical Bookmarks and Tasks...

Hi,

Whenever I use bookmarks or add tasks by hand, I am frustrated,
because they are all put into a linear list. More than a few
bookmarks/tasks are hard to manage. I would really like to have
hierarchical bookmarks and tasks.

Some use-cases for bookmarks/tasks:
- I am trying to learn about some sourcecode or I want to
  learn about a subsystem (like actions, tables, wizards)
  For each of the subsystems I collect a set of relevant
  bookmarks of examples or of how the mechanism works.
- I am debugging and I note some important "spots"
  that I want to look at later.
- I have to implement a feature and I want to add all tasks
  for that feature into the tasklist (under a common root
  node)

OK, a simple way out is use prefixes on the item names and
sort on name to create a custom hierarchy. But that I find
a bit annoying...

I would also like to have "hand" sorting on bookmarks. This
is useful when I want to "store" a control flow with bookmarks.

I don't know if this has been proposed before (I couldn't find any
entry in bugzilla nor anything on the webpage).

Michael

Back to the top