Re: [platform-ui-dev] GTK version intolerably slow

And what version of Eclipse are you using? What VM?

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           Timo Nentwig          |
|         |           <eclipse@xxxxxxxxx>   |
|         |           Sent by:              |
|         |           platform-ui-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org           |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           09/13/2003 06:21 AM   |
|         |           Please respond to     |
|         |           platform-ui-dev       |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  [platform-ui-dev] GTK version intolerably slow                                                                              |

Hi!

The GTK version of eclipse runs intolerably slow, things literarily take up
seconds to happen, for instance resizing windows or popup menus/quick fixes

to show up. I cannot even scroll smoothly the editor pane or mark text.

I run SuSE 8.2 (kernel 2.4.20) on an Athlon 1GHz (GeForce2), and have the
following pre-compiled gtk packages installed:

gtk-1.2.10-552
gtk-devel-1.2.10-552
gtk2-2.2.1-77