[platform-ui-dev] Difference between Action and Command

In the recently announced "contexts" proposal:
"As Eclipse moves from an action-centric model to command-centric model, action sets would disappear entirely"

To me "action" and "command" are the same thing.  What is the difference here between a command and an action?  Where can I read more on the new "command" stuff?
Won't this be confusing since the term "command" is widely used to mean a change which can be undone and redone?  There is also a bugzilla open tracking the proposal to add undo/redo to the workbench.

-Randy

Back to the top