Re: [platform-ui-dev] Migration issues for UI persistence

Good idea.  Please enter a feature request and I'll flag it for R3.0.

Randy Hudson/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
30/07/2003 11:02 AM
Please respond to platform-ui-dev

        To:     platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        [platform-ui-dev] Migration issues for UI persistence

When shutting down, the workbench persists which views are open and where.
 When moving from release 2.X to 3.0, it may be possible that Views had
their IDs renamed.  For example, a view that was provided by Tool X, was
pushed up into framework G.  It is possible to update references in
perspectives which used this view, but it isn't possible to update the
persisted window state.

To solve this problem, could Tool X provide a migration mapping in their
plugin.xml?  Stating that View xyz is now replaced by view abc? Otherwise,
I think you get a popup dialog stating that a view could not be restored
when restarting a workspace the first time.

-Randy

Back to the top