Re: [platform-ui-dev] Change to workbench lifecycle?

We did not change the lifecycle of view but I fixed a bug related to fast
views/lazy initialization. To fix this I moved the place where the part
control is created. It may be the cause of your problem. Please log a bug
report against Platform UI and I will investigate it.

Anyway, you may be able to fix/workaround it by using getSite().getPage().

Eduardo.

                      Jared Burns
                      <jared-eclipse@xxxxx.c        To:       platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      om>                           cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject:  [platform-ui-dev] Change to workbench lifecycle?
                      platform-ui-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      02/07/2003 11:43 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ui-dev

I have a view (the good 'old EditorList) that references the active
workbench
page via PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActivePage
()
inside the createPartControl(Composite) method. In recent builds, this call

has started to always return null if the view is being created at startup.

Has the workbench lifecycle changed in some way such that there is no
longer
an active page during startup? Or is this just a bug?

Thanks,
- Jared